HowTo: Install OsX86 Leopard (iATKOS v7) on Dell Inspiron 1545
OK, this is not a complete howto, since installation is really simple..:
1. Get your copy of iATKOS v7 from the green daemon and burn it.
2. Boot from your drive, if system hangs and reboots, try booting the DVD with “-f” option.
3. Follow the installation steps, format the desired partition (previously created with some other program, and set to type AF).
4. Choose “Custom” installation, and select the drivers/patches as follow:
- iATKOS v7 Main System
- Bootloader: Chameleon v2
- X86 Patches:
- /extra directory
- Decrypters: AppleDecrypt
- Smbios Drivers: NONE (chameleon2 replaces all)
- Kernel: 9.7.0 Kernel Voodoo
— VGA: NONE
Intel SATA/IDE (maybe not required?)
- Intel Speedstep:
- Sound: Select NONE, you will install later (you can try Voodoo HDA, but you will miss volume control!)
- PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard: Voodoo PS/2 Driver (without trackpad, cause this version (0.2.1) is still buggy)
- Laptop Battery
- Ext2fs (optional, select if you have linux partitions)
- NTFS-3G (optional, select if you have windows partitions)
- Wired: Broadcom BCM440x
- Wireless: Broadcom BCM43xx
- Languages: your favorite one ;-)
- Post-Install Actions
5. When the installation finishes, reboot (again, if any errors, try with “-f”) and install the following Audio driver, through Kext Helper:
6. To get the infamous 1366×768 resolution, it’s a bit more complicated. You need a working linux installation, and to replace the bootloader with GRUB2, patched with a modded 915resolution, like explained in Consono method.
I recommend you to use the already patched grub2, including GM45 additional patches, getting from here: grub2 patched
Inside the archive you’ll find a grub.cfg example, supposing you have installed Windows on sda1, Leopard on sda3, ARCH Linux on sda5, and that you have copied the “boot” file from chameleon package to the root directory of Leopard partition. Otherwise you can change the “multiboot (hd0,3)/boot” line specifing the right partition/path of the file.
For completeness, here is the patched 915resolution standalone script: 915resolution patched